Monday 27 August 2012

Crafting (Candy Dishes)

Sure this might not be the most conventional way to start a blog, but what better way to start things off with something I love. I have been scowering the web for Halloween craft Ideas and my results came up with SUPER cute candy dishes. I have had the last two days off work and I have one more day off ahead so I packed myself up this morning and headed out to Michaels! I bought an 'Apothecary' jar for starters and also purchased some Martha Stewart glass paint. 

This was the Apothecary dish ($40)


Martha Stewart glass paint in Habenero 


I then mixed in a small container the glass paint with some water to make it runnier.


I applied a generous amount of the watered down paint to my paintbrush and slowly started 
going around the outer edge.


I waited for the paint to drip down and when it was not quite to my satisfaction 
I had added a bit more water to the paint and dabbed it onto the spots
that had started running down the glass jar

I let this sit for a little over an hour to dry up and I also had accidentally broken the bottom of the dish before I had started. I super glued the jar back onto the base (SUPER FRAGILE!) and I used the paint around the base to conceal the crack! 

No comments:

Post a Comment