Tuesday 25 September 2012

Edgar&Elvira


Edgar and Elvira are my 'kiddos'. Mathew and I have decided not to have children yet, as we want to go a more traditional route of having children after marriage. I had been adamant about wanting an animal in our condo when we first moved into the house in November. When I was growing up I NEVER had any sort of pet and Mathew had grown up with dogs and a cat in the house, before we took possession of our house, I actually was living at Mathews parents house for a month.  Soon I grew so fond of having another living soul always around me, that I knew we would be ready for the responsibility.

Edgar, his first night home before our move. 

Edgar at 6 months old.

Edgar at a year old. 

When Edgar was about 9 months old I decided that he needed a little girlfriend;  I figured he must be so lonely at home all by himself, as Mathew can work up to 60 hours a week, and I also work full time really crappy hours. So we went back to Kijiji and I scowered the ads, Mathew had a very strict set of requirements(no black, no grey, must be a female, must be a manx). Finally I found Elvira, she was never actually posted on the ad, as the lady who had the kittens wanted to keep her for herself. 

Elvira 2 months old.

We got to the farm to have a 2 months old kitten handed over to us! She fit in one hand! I had misread the ad and thought she was actually 3 months old, so we were quite shocked when we got this little ragamuffin handed over to us! We were worried about her though, she would not actually approach us for the first month we had her in the house, but she soon formed a strong bond with Edgar. He was very angry with us for bringing another animal into the house and he would attack her for days! 

Elvira 4 months. 


Now it's no big deal, they're BFF's! 





No comments:

Post a Comment