Thursday 18 October 2012

Crockpot Honey Chicken

This week was the first time I actually pulled out my slow cooker to experiment with recipes, Mathew bought me a pretty stellar Damask Crockpot 2 weeks ago and I didn't know where to start! 
First I tried a butter chicken, but I really didn't dig it too much, Matt loved it but I wasn't a fan! So for dinner tonight, I found this STELLAR recipe. 

What I used was; 
3 chicken breasts
small onion
3 cloves garlic
1 cup honey
1/4 cup ketchup
1/2 cup soy sauce
2Tbsp oil
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes

I really recommend cooking the onions before you put them in the slow cooker, even if you don't feel like frying them, throw them in the microwave for 5 minutes with some butter, drain the butter once cooked, and pop them in the slow cooker. 
I cooked this for 4 hours, the chicken was still nice and moist, and then I added a 1/3 cup of water and 4 tablespoons of flour for the sauce. 

This one was mine!

Absolutely DELICIOUS!!






1 comment:

  1. Yum! I love crockpot meals so much!

    Thank you for linking up to The Pinspiration Project. Hope to see you again this Tuesday with another Pinterest-inspired project :)

    ReplyDelete