Tuesday 9 October 2012

My Pinsperation; crochet cowl


This was definitely my inspiration! I have been addicted to Pintrest since I got the app on my iphone  plus it is super slow at work lately! When I was growing up I longed to be able to crochet but ever time I would attempt to learn I would get angry and frustrated and throw the biggest fit of life! Growing up, I just could NOT crochet. I set out to Michaels and I grabbed my essentials, a  number 9 needle and some yarn. 

I ended up using one and a half skeins.

Plus I had my two little helpers.

I was so determined to be able to crochet that I set out to google for a little play by play and it was not easy to learn a basic stitch! But after making the scarf three times, and pulling it apart, I was finally satisfied enough with the tension (not perfect but my first time crocheting!)


My final results! I am VERY proud of myself that I got anything done at all with a needle and some yarn! 







4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for linking up to The Pinspiration Project! I love this :) You have some serious skill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! Go you!! I've been wanting one of these so badly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crocheting gets easier the more you practice - I definitely recommend Youtube! Youtube is absolutely amazing. Now knitting - shoooooo knitting is ridiculously hard. LOL

    I've been wanting to make this cowl for sooo long. I love it. Yours looks great and I love the yarn you used.

    Thanks for linking up to The Pinspiration Project! Hope to see you again Tuesday with another pinspirational project :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were my favorite this week on TPP - make sure to stop by and check out your feature and grab a button: http://fortunefavors11.blogspot.com/2012/10/who-is-pinspirational.html

    ReplyDelete